Tuesday 26 June 2012

Ship ahoy!

So it's that time again - we're off on our travels this week.  And as usual I've had the best of intentions to pack in loads of time and to give the house a thorough spring clean, but a combination of a very demanding and energetic toddler and the wonderful exhaustion of pregnancy have left me feeling spectacularly unable to follow through.  So now it's become a question of getting the bare minimum done...


There's a growing pile of things on the spare bed for packing - factor 50 suncream, summer clothes (not like we need them at the moment!), and my attempts at light weight toys for the little man.  It'll be the first time I've flown with him on my own, and he's not good at the best of times at being confined, so it could be interesting!


We fly out to Venice, have a night in a hotel on the Grand Canal (it looks beautiful - I just hope the little man lets me enjoy it!) and then join the ship the following day.  Hubby is coming to collect us from the hotel, and so we get to have our reunion in private which is lovely - and if his reaction to seeing Daddy on the computer is anything to go by, it should be quite wonderful!  I'm just so looking forward to being able to share parenthood again, even if it is just for a couple of hours a day around his very demanding job.  And to share the pregnancy - especially that wonderful time when I start tto feel the baby kick.  It will just be so nice to be a family again!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger