Saturday 25 February 2012

What a week!

I have been um-ing and ah-ing about what to write about for my first 'proper' post, but then today we have had a momentous day in our family - baby J is no longer a baby
and is now officially a toddler (cue soft sobs into motherly handkerchief!).
He finally took his first completely unaided steps about 2 weeks ago, and we've been doing the walking-from-mummy-to-daddy ever since, but always very shaky and freqently getting so excited and pleased with himself that he would fall over.

And then a couple of days ago. We had a really good night (which as anyone who knows us will tell you is not normal!), and he woke up with such an excitement about him, when he took him downstairs ... he just took off!!!
It brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes as I watched him toddling through the house chasing the cat (poor Dylan - he is so long suffering!). So now Daddy is going to have to fit the second stair gate and I am going to have to hone the eyes in the back of my head - life will never be the same again - but it will always be fun!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger